While in a safe environment Jewish children & young adults will enjoy meetings, programs, and trips where they can:
- Build their social skills interacting with other Jewish children, pre-teens, and teens.
- Learn basic Jewish values
- Develop leadership skills to serve as a valuable foundation for adult life (especially in USY, the high school age group)
- Have a place to come and share any problems or concerns in a caring atmosphere
- Create lasting memories, friends, and connections
MACABEES: For grades 3-5
Meets approximately twice a month plus occasional trips and special programs.
KADIMA: For grades 6-7
Meets weekly plus occasional trips and special programs as well as events with other chapters. Also includes Community service opportunities.
USY: For grades 8-12
Meets weekly plus Chapter (DHJC only) trips and events, as well as trips, weekends, conventions and other events with other chapters in the division (throughout Long Island), in the region (Metropolitan NY), and Internationally. Also includes several Community service opportunities.